Why become a member of the SCDC?
What’s in it for my business?
The Purpose of the Sheldon Chamber and Development Corporation is to promote Sheldon by developing an atmosphere where all people want to come to visit, live and conduct business.
In addition there are some concrete benefits to your business. Working together will help each of the member businesses achieve more. Here is a listing of the benefits of being a member of the Sheldon Chamber and Development Corporation;
· Business referral services. When the SCDC gets phone calls asking for a particular type of business, we refer those inquiries to Chamber Members.
· Access to Redevelopment Incentive Fund “Storefront Program”, Interior Renovation Program and Revolving Loan Fund Program.
· Participation in Welcome Bags program at no cost. These are distributed to all new residents to the community and is a great way to promote your business through a coupon, promotional item, etc.
· Participation in ALL SCDC promotions/events (discounted member rates): The SCDC promotes the event through print, radio, posters, community calendar and website.
*Sheldon Home & Design Expo *I Love Sheldon Card *Ladies Day Out *Children’s Easter Egg Hunt *Celebration Days *Christmas Promotions/Events
· Bulk rate-mailing service available at minimal cost.
· Business labels available at minimal cost.
· Free business listing on Sheldon’s website. The www.sheldoniowa.com website gets in excess of 16,000 hits per month!
à Ability to post Employment ads on the website.
à Ability to add a photo and a description to your webpage.
· Opportunity to submit events to be posted on the Website, Marquees, and the Community Calendar.
· FREE business page (link) on Sheldon’s website: Many times people go to the Sheldon website first when looking for a business. Having your business link on the SCDC website will give your business more exposure.
· Public recognition of investment and volunteer participation.
· Community packets available (FREE) to use as a marketing tool for recruitment. We can customize an information packet for you to assist employees relocating, inform potential employees, information for clients, etc. Tell us who your audience is and we will prepare customized packets for you.
· Receive the weekly Chamber report—the “Friday Fax”.
· Bad Check/Scam Alerts.
· Participation in Sheldon Dollars program. These can only be spent in Sheldon and at SCDC member / participating businesses. We sell in excess of $50,000 of Sheldon Dollars annually. Many local businesses purchase them to distribute to employees as an incentive.
· Participation in Merry Money program. $150,000 of Merry Money is sold at a 10% discount to shoppers and can only be spent locally at participating businesses during the busy Christmas shopping season. The Sheldon Marketing Committee provides $7,500 annually to assist this program.
· SCDC Membership Card to display in your business.
· Invitations to Friday Coffees, Annual Meeting, Ribbon Cuttings, Groundbreaking Ceremonies, etc..
· Prepaid lunch card to receive one free lunch each month at the monthly membership meetings.
· Opportunity to host and participate in Business After 5.
· Members can display business brochures in our office that are available to the public.
The SCDC serves as your ADVOCATE on the local, regional, and state levels..... *Legislative Issues *Community Marketing *Partnerships with Development Groups *Sheldon Website *Long range planning to help “grow” Sheldon *Partnerships with SBA, ABA, IDED, PDI, & more.
Remember: The SCDC also coordinates community events such as Celebration Days, maintains the community calendar, coordinates marketing programs, community betterment programs, facilitates grant writing, AND MORE!
Click here for a Membership Enrollment/Renewal Form
Click here for Complete Membership Benefits