POSITION OPENING: RECREATION COORDINATOR
The City of Sheldon, Iowa is accepting applications for a full time Recreation Coordinator. This is a joint position shared between the City of Sheldon and Northwest Iowa Community College. This position will assist the Sheldon Recreation Department and the Northwest Iowa Lifelong Learning and Recreation Center (LLRC). Salary range is $29,000-$31,500 which will be contingent on qualifications, experience, and approval of Sheldon City Council Members. The City of Sheldon offers an attractive benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to: City of Sheldon, Attn: Jacob Kerr, PO Box 276, Sheldon, IA 51201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted through 12 PM on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Below is the job description.
CITY OF SHELDON
(updated November 20, 2019)
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Parks & Recreation or a related field or a combination of an Associate’s Degree or related certification in Parks & Recreation or a related field and experience will be considered.
Desired Qualifications or Willing to Obtain
- Lifeguard Certification.
- Water Safety Certification.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Personal Training Certification.
- Supervise adult and youth recreation programs.
- Create rosters and schedules for adult and youth programs.
- Assist in developing, organizing, promoting, and maintaining balanced programs at the Sheldon Outdoor Aquatic Center, Sheldon Recreation Department, and LLRC.
- Must be able to perform emergency life-saving procedures if needed.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- To fulfill the Sheldon Recreation Director and LLRC Coordinator’s duties during vacation, sick leave, and other excused absences.
- Some maintenance and custodial duties at Sheldon Outdoor Aquatic Center, Recreation Facilities, and LLRC will be required.
- Ability to frequently lift loads of 50 to 75 pounds.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Sheldon Recreation Director or LLRC Coordinator.
- Must successfully pass a complete physical after offer of employment but before beginning employment. Paid for by the City.
- Must successfully pass a drug/alcohol screening after offer of employment but before beginning of employment. Paid for by the City.
- Willingness to attend continuing education classes as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to hot or cold temperatures and elevated noise levels, depending on the nature of a particular program or event.
Requires the ability to work a varied schedule under diverse conditions and according to sometimes stringent time schedules. Hours worked will vary due to the demands of the programs and events scheduled. The schedule will include a mix of day, night, and weekend hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Further, this job description is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of any employee under his/her supervision. I understand that employment is at the will of the employer and either the employer or the employee may at any time terminate the employment with or without cause.
I have read and understand the Job Description and confirm that I meet the minimum job requirements and can perform the primary job responsibilities as stated for this position.
Employee Signature Date