CITY OF SHELDON CLEAN UP
Sale of virtual flags from Monday, August 3, 2020 to Tuesday, September 8.
Items must not be set out on curb before Friday evening, September 11.
Pick up begins Monday, September 14.
Note: This Clean-up week was delayed due to COVID-19 and is the intent of the City to move it back to the Springtime next year. This year we are not selling physical flags.
FEE for a “Virtual” Flag: $15.00 — Upon payment, your name/address will be added to a list. It is very important for you to have clear house numbers. We are using “virtual” flags this year and you will not be receiving a wire flag like in the past. Electronics and Appliance stickers will be mailed to you.
Electronics and Appliances are an additional $10 per item. Upon payment, you will receive a sticker for each item, which needs to be placed in a highly visible area. (Electronics and Appliances are described as: Air Conditioners, Clothes Dryer, Clothes Washer, Dehumidifier, Freezer, Furnace, Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Water Heater, Computer Tower, Monitor, Tower, Printer, Television, DVD Player, VCR Player, Copier). A monitor and a tower are considered two items. A computer keyboard or mouse is not considered an electronic item.
DEADLINES: Payments must be received by Tuesday, September 8. No payments will be accepted at the time of pick up.
1. ITEMS MUST BE PLACED CURB SIDE by 7:00 a.m. Monday, September 14. Please do not place anything curb side earlier than Friday evening, September 11; no items will be picked up on the alleys. After the city crew goes past your house, you will not be allowed to deposit more items. Trees/brush and appliances/electronics may be picked up separately.
2. METAL AND APPLIANCES SHOULD NOT BE PLACED IN THE TRASH PILE. These will be picked up separately and must be on a separate pile.
3. TREE BRANCHES OR BRUSH WILL BE PICKED UP SEPARATELY and must be piled separately. We will not pick up commercially cut trees and brush.
4. RESIDENTIAL HOMES ONLY. Mobile Homes & Apartments may be picked up on an individual basis and must be pre-approved. No businesses will be picked up.
5. PLEASE, ONE HOUSEHOLD PER VIRTUAL FLAG.
**** ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE PICKED UP ****
- HAZARDOUS, TOXIC MATERIALS, OR LIQUIDS of any kind. State guidelines classify batteries, paint, thinner, stains, gas, oil, insecticides, pesticides, etc. as hazardous or toxic waste.
· TIRES OR BATTERIES.
- ROOFING OR LARGE PILES OF DEMOLITION MATERIAL.
- GRASS TRIMMINGS OR LEAVES.
- CONCRETE OR BRICK.
No containers will be left. Salvaging is part of the tradition, so do not be surprised if people stop by and items are gone after you set them out (This helps the City out too). Please do not use good garbage cans or recycling bins. For further information, call 324-4651.