Welcome to Sheldon, Iowa!
Sheldon will be the community of choice for young families in Northwest Iowa to live, work and play.
Sheldon has always been a really nice place for families. Its wide, inviting neighborhood streets and many recreational facilities welcome children and families seeking a safe, peaceful and comfortable place to play, shop and call home. Its schools and recreational activities provide year-round and life-long learning opportunities for residents of all ages. And the community is set on a strong foundation in faith and family that holds family and community together in bad times, and celebrates family and community in good times.
Facts about Sheldon
- The population of Sheldon is approximately 5,188.
- The amount of land area in Sheldon is 10.917 sq. kilometers.
- The distance from Sheldon to Washington DC is 1,074 miles.
- The distance to the Iowa state capital is 161 miles. (as the crow flies).
- Sheldon is positioned 43.17 degrees north of the equator and 95.84 degrees west of the prime meridian.
To pay your Ambulance, Animal At Large, Building Permits, Cemetery Lots, Parking Tickets, Utility Bill, or Utility Deposit, click the Pay Now button.