Community Services Center
The Sheldon Community Services Center is located in downtown Sheldon on the corner of 9th street and 4th avenue.
The offices of the City Manager, City Clerk, Recreation Director, Police Chief, and the Sheldon Community Development Corporation are located here. It is also home to the Police Department, Fire Department, E.M.A., and S.C.A.T.
Sheldon City Council meetings are also held here in the council chambers the 1st and the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 4:30 PM.
The Sheldon Community Services Center has several large rooms that are available to rent for special events and gatherings. The rooms are ideal for open houses, anniversaries, banquets, etc.
Room Details And Rental Rates
Meeting Room Basement
(up to 152 people – see below document)
$150.00 plus $150.00 deposit
Community Room A (East)
(up to 136 people – see below document)
$125.00 plus $150.00 deposit
Community Room B (West)
(up to 176-people-below document)
$175.00 plus $150.00 deposit
Community Room A & B
(up to 344 people-see below document)
$225.00 plus $150.00 deposit
- Please make an appointment to view rooms for possible rental. This is a very busy office & we want to arrange the time for you that you deserve. Rental fees must be paid before reservation honored.
- NO rummage sales or auctions will be allowed on these premises – except for benefit auctions or non-profit events. If you plan to do this, you must disclose it at the time of rental.
- Use of more than one meeting room or level will constitute a charge for each area.
- Loud music or excessive noise will not be tolerated & expulsion and forfeiture of deposit will occur.
- WILL NOT RENT IMMEDIATELY BEFORE OR DURING COUNCIL MEETINGS, BOARD MEETINGS, OR PUBLIC HEARINGS.
- Decorating of any area before the day of the event or extended use of the area after the event will result in additional rental day fees.
- Rental Party must have everything cleaned up and out of building by 11:00 PM.
- Tables and chairs are available. The rental party is responsible for the set up and tear down of tables and chairs used for their event. Please arrange them in the same order as previously found.
- Facility must be swept or vacuumed and cleared of any garbage or debris left from rental party. Trash must be taken to the dumpster located on the east side of the building. Please see the checklist posted in each room.
- The rental party is responsible for the locking and unlocking of the Community Building. A $25 key deposit is included in the building deposit. The Community Building rental key must be picked up at the Sheldon City Office between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm Monday-Friday. The key is to be picked up no earlier than the day before the rental date or the last business day prior to the rental. The rental party must return the key immediately following the rental (within 1 calendar day). Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the $25 key deposit. The key can be returned to the City Offices during business hours or placed in a sealed envelope in the utility drop box after hours. Failure to return the key within 3 days after the rental expiration may result in forfeiture of the entire deposit and additional costs of changing locks, which will probably exceed the cost of the deposit. You may be charged the entire cost of the locksmith and replacing the locks.
- Deposit will not be refunded if area is not restored to acceptable Any damage or staining of carpet, walls, etc., will cause forfeiture of deposit & possible assessment of damages.
- Absolutely NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING ALLOWED. Discovery of either (especially alcohol) may result in loss of deposit even if there is no damage.
- The Community Services Center is not wired for excessive requirements of electric amperage & voltage. ABSOLUTELY no one has the authority to tamper with the electricity to alter service. Legal action may result if tampered with. State Fire Regulations Prohibit the Blocking Of Any Exit Door.
- No tape, sticky substance or pins may be used on walls. Open flames are prohibited, unless being used for cooking purposes as part of professional catering. Absolutely no furniture, risers, etc., may be brought in. Only the tables & chairs that are included with the rental will be allowed.
- Supervision of children must be maintained at all times. Absolutely no climbing or sitting on pillars or railings is allowed. No running up & down stairways or operation of elevator by children. Please do not sit on tables.
- Violation of these rules can result in the expulsion from premises and / or forfeiture of deposit. Any abuse of premises or damage to building or furnishings will result in assessment of charges, repair or replacement costs.
THIS IS A HISTORIC PUBLIC FACILITY – PLEASE HELP TAKE CARE OF IT SO THAT YOU
AND OTHERS MAY ENJOY IT NOW AND IN THE FUTURE. THANK YOU.