- This event has passed.
2018 O’Brien County Career Day
April 20, 2018
This career day for sophomores has been made possible through a partnership between
- O’Brien County Economic Development Corporation,
- Sheldon Chamber & Development Corporation,
- Northwest Iowa Community College, and
- Iowa State University Extension & Outreach
as well as the following school districts:
- Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn Community Schools,
- Sheldon Community Schools,
- South O’Brien Community Schools, and
- Sibley-Ocheyedan Community School District.
Healthcare and Construction sectors were added in order to accommodate additional students. The following business partners will make it possible for our students to see a wide variety of careers available in O’Brien County:
- DK Plastics, Archer
- JTV Manufacturing, Sutherland
- Maintainer, Sheldon
- Mill Creek Machining, Paullina
- Rosenboom Machine & Tool, Sheldon
- White Wolf Web, Sheldon
- Ziegler CAT, Sheldon
- Baum Harmon Mercy Hospital
- Prairie View Campus
- Sanford Sheldon Hospital
- Village Northwest
- NCC (to tour construction of house)
Business tours will take place from 9:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. with a break for lunch at the NCC LLRC from 11:45 a.m. until 1:15 p.m.
Steven Brockshus will be the featured speaker at 12:40 p.m. Steven is a 2011 Sibley-Ocheyedan graduate who served as a State FFA Officer, Iowa FFA State President and in 2013 was elected as the National FFA Vice President. Mr. Brockshus is a 2017 graduate of Iowa State University with a degree in agricultural education and entrepreneurship. Steven is an entrepreneur himself, who started Terva, an ag tech business that is building ‘Zillow’ for farmland.